We’ve used the last few months while the hall was closed to do some renovations – including new floors! – and look forward to welcoming the community back to this space.
To reserve the hall for your event please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Huntley Community “Mess Hall” is located just outside the lovely village of Carp,
near the Diefenbunker, and overlooks the Ottawa Valley, including the Carp River.
The Hall itself includes one large room and two smaller rooms.
The larger room is perfect for parties such as birthdays, weddings, anniversaries, baby/wedding showers,
Christmas parties, and other such events. This room can seat about 100 people comfortably.
Meetings, workshops, and courses are also held regularly at the Mess Hall because of the bright, warm atmosphere
that lends itself to a facility this size.
The smaller rooms can be used for serving food, small group discussions and other similar activities.
NEW: Wifi is now available at the Mess Hall
Location: 2240 Craig Side Rd, Carp, ON K0A 1L0
Telephone: (613) 839 2959
- Max. capacity is 100
- Fully equipped kitchen
- Staffed Bar available (extra cost)
- Fridge, stove, microwave and coffee urns
- Spacious cloakroom
- BBQ is available
- Stage area
- A/V equipment is available
- Large deck and play structure
- All utensils, plates, serviettes and cups must be provided by the renter/lessee
The Bar is run for patrons according to the regulations of the Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario (AGCO) and the City of Ottawa. These require that all staff who are involved with the sale of alcohol be certified by the Smart Serve program. This applies to any bar and security staff who are involved in an event. The objective is to ensure that patrons enjoy themselves and are protected. Bartenders will arrange for taxies or provide event organizers with a contact to a company (Responsible Choice) who will ensure (for a fee) that patrons and their vehicles will return home safely and responsibly.
Our Drink Price Structure is comparable with other similar establishments in Carp. We are always interested in providing libations of interest to our patrons whether it is a particular brand of Beer or a specific alcoholic beverage of interest to the guest of honour or that special relative. Cost limitations may impact our ability to provide certain items.
No alcohol is permitted on the premises if the Bar has not been rented. This is in accordance with the Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario as well as the City of Ottawa By-Laws.
Mess Hall Rental Rates 2023
- Single-day Mess Hall rentals for Events are normally scheduled between the hours of 12:00 Noon and Midnight. If your event requires access to the Mess Hall beyond these hours, please discuss your requirement with the Mess Hall Director.
- Mess Hall rental rates shown are a guide only for planning purposes. Final costs will be quoted by the Mess Hall Director following your Mess Hall Reservation submission.
- For Mess Hall rental purposes, a “Not For Profit” event is an activity that is open to everyone, that provides community benefit/recreation, is not intended to generate a profit, and is not a fundraising event.
- A “Private” event is an activity that is for select members of the community, or for an individual, family and friends.
- A “Commercial” event is an activity organized by a commercial company or individual and/or has a registration or admission charge and/or has the intent of generating a profit.
When booking you will be agreeing to the Mess Hall Rental Agreement (PDF Download).
The City of Ottawa and/or the Huntley Community Association may require that liability insurance be in force for renters. Rates will vary depending on the type of event and the expected attendance. If liability insurance coverage is optional, the renter may decline the standard coverage offered through the City Of Ottawa by signing a waiver of insurance form (available on the Mess Hall Rental Agreement form). The Summary of Insurance Coverage for all events and activites, if in force, is available (PDF Download).
Please use the “Mess Hall Rental Reservation” link below to submit your request to reserve the Mess Hall for an event. A full Mess Hall Rental Application form may be required once availability of the facility is determined.