Concussion Code of Conduct for Athletes and Parents/Guardians (for athletes under 18 year of age)
By Ontario law, this form must be completed annually by athletes under 26 years of age and parents/guardians of athletes under 18. Items marked with an asterisk (*) are mandatory by O.Reg. 161/19:General
If you have already completed this section, you can start the player registration process by going to the next step, which is the 2024 Outdoor Hockey Fee Calculation.
Please review the Concussion Code of Conduct for Athletes and Parents. Also, one of the Concussion Awareness Resources must be reviewed annually.
Note: Some of the documents referenced in the following sections are documents that were first developed for the 2022 HCA Outdoor Hockey program. Although they may refer to that program, the conditions apply equally to the HCA Softball program and other HCA-sponsored sports programs that involve minors.
These documents are available as PDF files. Instead of signing a paper copy, you can acknowledge that you have completed these requirements using the form below.
Reference Materials for Athletes and Parents
These are the items you should review annually before you complete the Acknowledgement Form below. These links will open in a new tab in your browser.
- Concussion Code of Conduct for Athletes and Parents
- The Concussion Awareness Resources are available as a booklet, a video, or an interactive learning e-module on the Government of Ontario website at https://www.ontario.ca/page/rowans-law-concussion-awareness-resources, or on the HCA website at https://hca-carp.ca/rowans-law/.
Other Reference Material
For future reference, the following documents are also available for printing or saving to your computer:
- Concussion Code of Conduct – Coaches and Team Trainers
- HCA Outdoor Sports Removal from Sport and Return to Sport Protocol
Statements to be acknowledged in the form below:
- I acknowledge that I have fully reviewed and commit to this Concussion Code of Conduct.
- I also agree that I have completed an annual review of one of the Concussion Awareness Resources offered by the Province of Ontario.