Hockey 4 Humanity
Have you ever wanted to help make a much needed and heart-warming difference in someone else’s life, support your local fire fighters/fire services and have some good old-fashioned winter fun all at the same time!?! Well then, we have the event for you!
On Sunday, January 29th between 8am – 5:30pm, the Huntley Community Association, in support of the 2017 Ottawa Fire Services (OFS) Habitat for Humanity Global Village Team’s Trip to Trinidad, will host a 3-on-3 Shinny Hockey Tournament(16yrs+) at the outdoor rink in the village of Carp.
Extend the holiday family fun and enter a family team! Get the friends together for a blast of winter fun! Maybe a Corporate Team Building Event!?! Get to know your neighbours and community members/volunteers!
Kids, parents, spouses alike are all encouraged to come out and watch and cheer on the players/teams. There will be a BBQ with hot chocolate and coffee etc…, as well as Ottawa Fire Services Public Education and Outreach Activities.
Volunteers: If you would like to volunteer for this event or know a student who is looking to accumulate volunteer hours, please contact Kara Ruscher, HCA, Membership Director at 613-355-3855 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Entry for tournament is $20/player. Enter as a single player to be placed on a team, or make and enter a team of 6 players ($120 team registration). All proceeds directly fund team travel expenses and Habitat for Humanity Global Village selected project to a family or community in need. If you do not want to participate but would still like to support and donate to the cause, please follow instructions and link at the bottom of this page.
Details of outdoor tournament are as follows:
• Helping to raise funds for members of the 2017 OFS Habitat for Humanity Global Village trip to Trinidad
• 3-vs-3 hockey tournament
• Teams of 6 players (no goalies)
• 16 years of age +
• SINGLE PLAYER SIGN UP: $20/player registration OR TEAM SIGN UP: make and enter a team of 6 players ($120/team)
• Max. of 20 teams (120 total player spots available)
• Ice split into two games at a time, 4 teams playing at a time
• 5 minute warm up, 25 minute continuous game
• Mandatory helmet on all players
• Non Contact
• Each team guaranteed minimum 3 round robin games
• Playoff games Quarter Final, Semi Final, A and B Final
• Closing ceremonies will be hosted by the West Carleton Amateur Sports Club after the event
How to register:
It’s easy! Just send a Message to Alex Carlson via email at email@example.com or send Alex a text to 613-868-4377 if you would like to participate. All spots are reserved only once payment has been received. All participants will be required to sign and provide a Waiver of Liability before they can participate in this event(participants under the age of majority require a parent/legal guardian to sign waiver)to be brought with them on game day. Registration closes January 25, 2017.
If you would like to make a much appreciated donation (tax deductible) to help fund this amazing endeavour, please visit the Team’s funding page in the link below! All DONATIONS HELP! THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT!
1. Click link Below
2. Click Donate Now (near top right side of page)
3. Fill out donation amount and information on Tax Receipt Information
4. THANK YOU!
The Huntley Community Association and your local Ottawa Fire Services thanks everyone who supports this trip, we are really excited to help make a positive difference in the lives of those in need!